Thursday, October 22, 2009

Stir Fry Wraps

After a while away from the kitchen, I have started cooking again this week. My husband asked for something inside a lettuce wrap. I made my mom's super easy stir fry and served it inside lettuce leaves.

The verdict? Super yummy. And so healthy it caused my non-dessert eating husband to declare "what's for dessert?" (stay tuned...)



Stir Fry Wraps

chicken cubed (you can stretch the chicken a lot, I used one large breast)
garlic
brocoli slaw veggie mix (I found this on sale at Publix for $1)
stir fry sauce
rice
hearts of romain

Put the rice on to cook. I use boil in a bag brown rice because I have never had success with regular rice. Cook the chicken with garlic until cooked through. Then add veggies and cook until soft. Trust me - you want these nice and soft. Sometimes I add some water to help them cook down. Add about 1/2 of the bottle of stir fry sauce. Cook through. I usually just serve this mix over the rice.

Mix some rice with the stir fry and spoon into clean lettuce leafs. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment