Sunday, August 23, 2009

A new year

One of my favorite things about teaching is that every year feels like a fresh start. New kids, new lessons, chances to try new ideas. I am so excited. Some of my goals for this year are to incorporate more technology into my classroom (I am thinking about having the kids run a class blog), trying to stay more organized, and using parent participate to the fullest. I hope that these things will allow me to have more personal time at night, because I hate coming home feeling like my day is over at 4:00. Hopefully, I will have time to make new jewelry, scrapbook, blog, and have fun. I met most of my new students this week, and they all seem eager to start school. This is the first year I have a majority of girls in my room, and I am anxious to see what that will be like. I am spending the rest of the day preparing for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment