Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Spicy Ranch

On a short trip to Publix we sampled the apron's meal and it was so yummy we immediately bought the stuff to make black bean corn salad. The only catch was that the dressing called for is spicy ranch and they only sold a full fat version. I was confident I could find a recipe online to spice up low fat ranch. After looking at several recipes and seeing what we had on hand I made my own version. This stuff is so good I think we have gone through 5 heads of Romain since Saturday. This is a must try!

Spicy Ranch
One bottle of low fat ranch dressing (we like Hidden Valley)
1 T hot sauce (I used Louisiana)
heaping 1/2 t cayenne pepper
1/2 t chili powder

I poured the bottle of dressing into my 4 cup Pyrex and added the spices, whisked good then poured back into the bottle. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment